The Center for Information-Development Management is an organization of information-development, training, and support managers from around the world. The CIDM facilitates collaboration regarding information development among skilled managers in the information industry.
CIDM invites a group of members to serve on the Advisory Council. The Council advises the CIDM about the issues and activities most valuable to the industry.
History of CIDM
In 1999, Dr. JoAnn Hackos created the Center for Information-Development Management (CIDM) to answer the needs of information-development managers around the world. Many managers felt isolated from their colleagues in other companies. They communicated that they would like a forum to discuss the issues in their departments, develop industry best practices, and keep up to date on new technologies in the field. CIDM was established to meet these needs and develop a community of managers around best practices.
Membership in CIDM is primarily by department so that all members of the department can benefit from the membership. In 2002, CIDM began its vendor member program, understanding that vendor tools are an important component of success in this time of high-tech solutions to information management. In 2005, as small publication departments asked to become involved in the information-development management community, CIDM established a membership category for small departments. In 2009, aspiring managers and independent consultants asked for an individual membership so that they could join the community before they were able to apply for regular or small department membership.
In 2016 we introduced tiered levels of membership (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum), with benefits increasing with each level of membership. The new tiered approach provides flexibility for organizations to choose which membership best meets their needs. In 2017, Dawn Stevens, President of Comtech Services, became the new Director of the center.
Why Join CIDM
Member organizations have joined CIDM so they can help to advance the profession of information development in the United States and internationally. Through CIDM, managers from all over the world can communicate with each other regularly and learn about each other’s successes, problems, and innovations. Each member can learn from the experiences of others and avoid the pitfalls of innovative practices. Members can also communicate with a large number of technology vendors and encourage the development of tools that genuinely meet their requirements.
By joining CIDM with your organization, you join the premier international community of information-development leaders. The greatest benefit of joining CIDM is the connection you make with colleagues who manage information development for their companies and organizations.
- You will network at CIDM conferences and year round with information-development leaders from organizations like Cisco, Dell EMC, Ericsson, HPE, IBM, Juniper, Microsoft, Qualcomm and many more.
- You will learn about innovations that similar organizations are pursuing through CIDM newsletters, conferences, webinars, and in conference calls.
- You will hear presentations from fellow managers at the annual Best Practices conference.
- You may attend CIDM-sponsored conferences worldwide and be assured that attendees are looking for ideas and hoping to share experiences.
- You will learn about the events and innovations happening in the information-development world through CIDM newsletters and the website.
- You will have the opportunity to enhance your own career by speaking at CIDM conferences and submitting articles to the CIDM newsletter.
- See all the benefits
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to become part of this exciting community. Join now!