October 24, 2019
Comtech Services seeks an intern to assist our lead stylesheet developer in the creation and update of HTML and PDF transforms and stylesheets in accordance with specifications and requirements from our clients. All outputs are related to the technical documentation industry, including manuals, information portals, and help systems.
Job duties include:
- Create and modify CSS for HTML and HTML5.
- Create and modify styled PDF outputs using either CSS or XSL-FO, depending on client requirements.
- Create transforms from DITA XML to HTML5 or PDF using XSLT and the DITA open toolkit.
The successful candidate will be proficient in HTML5 and CSS. Familiarity with any of the following is a plus but is not required. Comtech will teach these skills as necessary, based on assignments:
In addition, Comtech is looking for a candidate who:
- Pays attention to minute details
- Is a willing and eager learner
- Takes direction well
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Manages their time efficiently with an eye to meeting deadlines
- Is self-driven and takes initiative as needed
- Enjoys reading about technical subjects in a variety of industries
Comtech requires much of the work to be completed in our offices in Lakewood, CO (just outside of Denver) especially as training is required; however, work at home is a possibility as skills are gained and demonstrated. We will work with the candidate to establish an appropriate work schedule to integrate into their class schedule but are looking for an average of 15-20 hours of work per week.
Work can begin immediately, with a minimum duration of three months, with the possibility to extend further depending on performance and client workload.
Compensation: $18-25/hour, based on the level of incoming skills
Send resumes to: email@example.com or 710 Kipling St, Suite 400, Denver, CO 80215